Google Forms and Note Taking

I'm not a huge fan of text book teaching.  "Open to Chapter 2, read Lesson 1, take notes, there will be a quiz on Thursday"  Ugh. But the truth is, there is valuable information in the text book, so I never want to talk it down to my students.  So today is our first text book lesson, with a twist.

I created a Google Form for their notes. I provided the central ideas, and they are finding the details from the text to support it. (Baby steps to Common Core Reading Informational Text 6.2) Here is our first notetaking form:

See the Premier Notetaking form here :)

After a few tries, I can add links and videos for them to integrate different media and formats into a coherent understanding. (RI6.7)

This is what I'm trying today, hope there is a way you can tweak it to work for you. Google Forms are really polished looking. Students don't realize how easy they are to set up and then use them to harvest information.



This is what I'm trying today, hope there is a way you can tweak it to work for you. Google Forms are really polished looking. Students don't realize how easy they are to set up and then use them to harvest information.

Happy teaching!
Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment